Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This wallet...

There's something about this little wallet that caught my attention at a garage sale last week. At first I didn't realize what it was.

It's not rustic, nor vintage, or blingy, or country farm girl looking. It's Vera Bradley for Pete's sake and well I just don't have designer stuff Ike that!

As I rode in the truck, I found myself opening and closing the clasp... You know the click-click sound. That's when it hit me. It reminds me of the little red coin purse that I had when I was a girl. It usually didn't have anything in it, but on Sunday I got a dollar to put in the offering plate.

As a teenager, my grandmother would send me to the grocery store with her black clutch wallet. Money in one side, grocery list folded on the other side.

This quilted clutch only cost me a quarter, minus the penny found inside, and appears in like new condition. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but it sure brought back some happy memories.

3 comments:

  1. What a bargain! I used to have some little clutch purses too and that snap closure brings back some sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, now that a sweet memory! I'm glad you found it.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have carried Vera Bradley purses for years...Great workmanship!
    Love it!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments and read them all! It makes my day to hear from you!